OutDry is the innovative Italian technology for waterproof gloves where the standard manufacturing techniques based on seam-sealed waterproof fabrics cannot be utilized.
Thanks to the OutDry patented lamination process, the waterproof/breathable membrane is directly bonded to the external layer of the glove, perfectly sealing any
possible water entry point.
OutDry consistently improves finished items performance and comfort, especially if compared with the standard waterproofing system: a free ‘floating’ membrane (or combined with the lining), so called ‘insert’ in gloves, but always separated from the external layer.
OutDry takes concrete advantages in terms of waterproofness and comfort:
- The external layer and the membrane are one unique body: no more space in between;
- Water penetration is blocked without any weight increase in wet conditions;
- The membrane has a very high capacity of water vapor permeability;
- There is no seam sealing tape, enabling to exploit 100% of the membrane breathable surface;
- Keep a large volume of dry air between the skin and the membrane, reducing the risk of dew condensation.